We actively look for opportunities to invest in or acquire business assets – particularly for private equity investment.
We utilise our contacts, analysis and insights supported by our advisory board of industry experts to identify quality opportunities.
Our investment criteria helps us quickly assess whether a business suits private equity investment or strategic owners.
- Well established company – meaningful market share, EBITDA $5m plus, operating in a sizable and growing industry
- Unique competitive advantages – brands, products, distribution, scale, IP
- Forecast growth in revenues and profits underpinning future cash flows – ideally with history of growth
- High quality management (or can be identified externally) with a clear strategy to grow business and profit
- Risks to the business achieving its plans are identifiable and manageable
We are not restricted by mandate requirements, so we can consider a range of situations, including:
- Minority and majority equity positions
- Cornerstone investments
- Management buy-ins or buy-outs
- Acquisition of orphan assets out of large corporates
- Total control scenarios.
We find smaller, younger businesses more suitable to venture capital, although we may consider smaller sizes for rollup opportunities.
Key Industries of Interest
- Business services – particularly within regulated industries
- Industrial products and services
- Financial products and services
- Health products and services
- Consumer products and services
- Retailing and wholesaling
- Chemicals and materials
- Manufacturing in selected industries
We normally co-invest alongside our investors, as do our associates. It aligns our interests with investors to provide quality opportunities.