Completed May 2018
Yorkway Partners has completed a significant minority investment in Insurance House, a leading privately owned general insurance brokerage and underwriting business.
- Insurance House is one of Australia’s leading and most progressive private general insurance brokerages, specialising in regional and small-medium enterprises and with a specialist underwriting agency supporting tailored solutions for clients.
- Organic growth underpinned by a culture of excellence and innovation, including 15 acquisitions in 10 years has seen Insurance House grow from humble beginnings in 1983 in rural Victoria, to over AU$250m in premium turnover per year.
- With over 180 staff in 11 offices, in addition to a network of 50 Authorised Representatives, Insurance House offers holistic ‘one stop’ insurance solutions and risk mitigation advice to clients backed by a locally manned 24 hour a day, 365 days a year emergency claims hotline.
“We are delighted to be partnering with Insurance House, a business in a market leading position with a strong Managing Director, experienced management team and well posed for future growth.
The growth strategy includes complementary acquisitions to add scale and revenue synergies. We look forward to working with Managing Director Jay Fereday and the board.”
What we did
- Yorkway took a significant minority investment in Insurance House.
- Yorkway originated and structured the transaction, assembling a consortium of high-net-worth investors, through its subsidiary Yorkway Equity Partners.
- Yorkway founder Paul Batchelor, a former CEO of AMP Limited has joined the Insurance House board.
- Strategically this partnership presents a further opportunity to position Insurance House Group as a prominent player in regional Australia.
- Yorkway will work closely with the Insurance House board and senior management on a strategic level to drive further growth for the business.
- With an already impressive network of 11 owned offices and Authorised Representatives over 60 locations, the investment by Yorkway provides the necessary capital injection to see this growth strategy evolve and grow.
- With the support of Yorkway and its investors, Insurance House can take advantage of further growth and acquisition opportunities in a still largely fragmented industry.
Return to Our Experience page