Yorkway Equity Partners, and its investors, back high quality businesses with strong management teams with a credible and achievable growth plan.
If you are a business owner looking for capital to fund a growth plan, diversify your wealth or put in place a succession plan, a manager of a business looking to do a management buyout or an experienced manager with a business that you would like to buy and run, we would love to hear from you.
The benefits of partnering with us include:
- Straightforward approach – easy to deal with
- Extensive operating and investing experience and very broad business networks
- Access to capital keen on making investments in the SME sector
- Experience in structuring partial exit transactions for mutual benefit
- Participation by and input from investor partners where appropriate (eg. industry expertise, commercial connections, business development ideas)
We target shareholding of 45-90% and have a preference for partnership-style transactions where the existing owners retain a meaningful equity stake. Our investment criteria include:
- Well established business with strong growth prospects, meaningful market share and real competitive advantages – brands, products, distribution, scale, IP
- Minimum of $3m in historical and sustainable EBITDA
- Good industry dynamics – growth, competitive landscape, regulatory environment
- High quality management with a clear growth strategy to at least double the size of the business over the next 3-5 years
- Risks to the business achieving its plans are identifiable and manageable
Key Industries of Interest
We will consider investment in any sector except for direct property, primary agriculture, resource extraction or highly specialised fields such as biotech.
However, we have particular interest and expertise in the following sectors: