Yorkway Equity Partners offers qualified wholesale investors the opportunity to gain an exposure to the hard-to-access private equity asset class on a deal-by-deal basis, without a commitment to a typical closed-end PE fund. Typically investments are held in an unregistered managed investment trust with a separate Trustee.
We target returns of 25% IRR or 2.5x money over an average hold period of four years.
Benefits of investing with us:
- Investments are sourced, evaluated, negotiated, structured and managed by a very experienced team with both private company investing and significant business, strategic and operational experience
- Investors decide whether they wish to participate in an investment opportunity after reviewing information provided by Yorkway Equity Partners, following due diligence
- Investors gain access to these private equity investments without any fund commitment or fee before they decide to participate
- Market standard investment reporting, including regular updates and quarterly reports, will be available to investors
- The Yorkway team invests personally in every transaction
Criteria to be considered as an investor in one of our consortia:
- Our investors must qualify as wholesale clients – and be prepared to invest a minimum investment of $250,000 per investment with the capacity and willingness invest in several investments of a similar size
- Understands the illiquid nature of private equity investments
- Business experience and a network to assist the investments would be desirable but not essential
The Yorkway group has negotiated the right to co-invest in transactions introduced to private equity funds. This will typically be for larger transactions with a deal value well in excess of $100 million.
Yorkway Equity Partners is the vehicle through which the co-investment right will be made available to selected institutional and wholesale investors.
Primary responsibility for managing the investment will rest with the PE fund. Yorkway representatives may be invited to sit on the board on a case-by-case basis.
Yorkway Equity Partners is also actively sourcing opportunities to invest in small to medium companies with sustainable earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) of at least $3 million.
Yorkway Equity Partners believes that backing a good management team or owner with a growth plan in the right small-medium companies can offer a superior risk/return tradeoff relative to other segments of private company investing